I have some thoughts about the "mentoring" and being more welcoming. There
were quite a few discussions about that on slack/github/twitter.

I think there are people with different experiences and some people need a
bit more mentorship or guidance in some areas of Airflow (testing,
documentation etc). So maybe a proposal (I started doing it already):

*When we (i.e. committers) make some comments and ask the contributors to
do something, we add something like "I am happy to provide more guidance if
needed" or "Happy to help if you need" etc. *

I think that might make some people feel more comfortable with their first
time contributions. It's really small thing but it might make a profound
impact on how we are perceived as community by people who consider joining
our community.

--

Jarek Potiuk

M: +48 660 796 129 <+48660796129>