I have just opened two PRs:

   - [AIRFLOW-XXXX] Add mentoring information to contributing docs
   <https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/7202>   - this explains to new
   contributors that they can ask to get mentors and that there is an official
   mentoring programme
   - [AIRFLOW-XXXX] Add rebase info to contributing
   <https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/7201> - I noticed recently that
   a lot of people do not know about rebase workflow and are not comfortable
   with it. I have added a short step-by-step guide on how to rebase PR in an
   easy way

Other committers  - please take a look and comments on those PRs as I think
this is a vital part of our communication to the new contributors. I think
providing mentoring is a good step in direction of being welcoming,
especially if we all act as mentors to some capacity and help others to
understand how our community works.

J.