Perhaps I stand corrected! -- though I don't see where it actually says
this approach is preferred. In any case, the Python 3 docs explicitly state
that the behavior is only maintained for backwards compatibility:
https://docs.python.org/3/howto/logging.html#logging-variable-data

Ah, interesting! From [1], it appears that it's now possible to change the placeholder syntax so that the messages look somewhat more "modern". As far as I can tell, variable components of the log messages are still intended to be passed as arguments, though?

So with the style change, the log message could look like this:

logging.info("A message with a param: {}", param)

Regards

ap

[1] https://docs.python.org/3/howto/logging-cookbook.html#formatting-styles