Stefan Bodewig wrote, On 22/04/2003 11.53:
On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Nicola Ken Barozzi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Example:

 <antlib name="ant-contrib" version="1.2+" autodownload="true"/>

This would use the ruper task to get the antlib and load it.

It would just need to have the Ruper task in Ant core.

I'm losing the connection here. What more than <uptodate> and <get> would be needed for the autodownload feature?

Versioning, repository support, 'auto' download.
Users would not need to know phisical locations, and have a central antlib repository in the Ant distro, not downloads to ad-hoc places.

So I would reuse the same antllib for all projects that need it, not have it downloaded and called ad.hoc for every project.

Maybe the autodownload stuff should be left off for now and
reconsidered later as it is non-essential for antlib itself IMHO.

Should be left off for now: +1

As for being non-essential I disagree, it's a major feature for users.

 My
guess is that people will want to have this pluggable in one way or
the other anyway.

?

            - verba volant, scripta manent -