On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Nicola Ken Barozzi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Versioning,

Has to be part of <antlib> anyway.

> 'auto' download.

and this is where <uptodate> and <get> kick in.

> Users would not need to know phisical locations, and have a central
> antlib repository in the Ant distro, not downloads to ad-hoc places.

There still are quite different solutions to this.

The Maven style repositories plus Ruper is one solution.  It would be
rather easy to build one on top of RPM using the work the jpackage
people have done.  No adhoc places either - and you get the repository
database for free.

I'm not suggesting anything here, I want to point out that there are
options to solve these issues that are not Ruper.

> So I would reuse the same antllib for all projects that need it, not
> have it downloaded and called ad.hoc for every project.

But this is a separate step to me.  The first step is to get the basic
concept clear and implemented.  Users should be able to share the same
Ant lib by pointing their build files to the correct locations.

I'm the type of user who prefers to perform some extra manual work
over things happening automagically - and I'd like to keep <antlib>
available to this type of users 8-)