I am -1 on option 2. There is no need to do so, as going back on versions
at this stage has consequences to Apex users.

I am for option 1, but I want to propose explicit change to the text. Based
on verbatim text, I am voting -1 on option 1. I believe in the original
discussion thread there was talk about continuing release-3 that should be
explicit in the vote.

option 3 (modified option 1)
3. Version 4.0 as major version change from 3.x. Community members can
continue with release-3 (3.9, 3.10, ...). PR merges into release-3 should
not be blocked if it is not immediately merged into master branch.

Over a longer period of time, I expect code to progressively be in version
4. Changing package names is usually not a reason for major version
upgrade. The cause is usually an API change. Currently we are moving to
version 4, without an ask for API change.

Thks,
Amol

E:a...@datatorrent.com | M: 510-449-2606 | Twitter: @*amolhkekre*

www.datatorrent.com