For -1 to be valid there *must* be *technical* justification(s) not to proceed with the code change. Without such justification -1 is considered to be void/invalid [1].

I don't see any possible *technical* justification not to proceed with the package rename as it was done in the past by a large number of Apache (and not only Apache) projects  and nothing bad happened (no performance degradation, no introduction of security vulnerability) and projects remained usable by their users. With the current IDEs, it is a question of 5 minutes to complete necessary modifications.

Both Apache Felix and Apache Groovy (as well as Apache Apex) are split package projects. There is mix and match of org.apache.* and other package names (org.osgi, groovy, com.datatorrent). IMO, this is a bad practice and I don't think that Apex community should use those projects as a best practice examples. Majority of Apache projects consistently use org.apache package and IMO that simplifies user and community experience.

Majority of malhar library classes are excluded from semantic versioning check and are not subject of backward compatibility/stable API guarantee. Due to that there never be a good reason to change major version as backward incompatible changes are introduced silently and without proper semantic versioning.

Thank you,

Vlad

[1] https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html