On 01/15/09 18:29, Jason Cooper wrote:
Yea, I know. That's what I've been doing. An "official", more easily
downloadable version would just be even nicer.

On 1/15/09, Clayton <ccorn...@openoffice.org> wrote:
Jason Cooper wrote:
I'm glad to hear that this is being worked on. I also have a need for an
offline version, since my workplace doesn't have internet access.
Don't forget that the tools are already in place on the Wiki for you to
make your own Collections of the chapters you need,.  You don't have to
wait on me to make the generic chapter versions.  You can already build
your own PDFs or ODT documents from the existing Wiki documents.

I would like to provide a static (and maybe even "OOo branded") set of the core documents in PDF and ODT with each *major* version release. The contents won't be 100% up-to-date as time passes after the release, but it will be current with the OOo release they are linked to. This is possible now, and I will aim at doing this for the OOo3.1 release.

C.
--
Clayton Cornell       ccorn...@openoffice.org
StarOffice - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - Hamburg, Germany