On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 5:16 PM, Jim Jagielski <j...@jagunet.com> wrote:

> > On Jan 26, 2016, at 4:39 PM, William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 3:12 PM, Jim Jagielski <j...@jagunet.com> wrote:
> > I'm assuming that the 'new in 1.6' refers to APR 1.6...
> > In which case, I'm not sure what the Warning for apr_cstr_strtoui64()
> > refers to, version-wise.
> >
> > Good catch, trashing the version reference, but keeping the caution.
> >

> > On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 3:15 PM, Jim Jagielski <j...@jagunet.com> wrote:
> > Also, I see apr_cstr_casecmp() but not a case insensitive version... ??
> >
> > casecmp means case-insensitive (c.f. strcasecmp).  There is no case-
> > sensitive match, at least not yet.  Consider strcmp always just works
> except
> > in a string containing a NULL-octet multibyte continuation characters,
> and
> > we wouldn't speak any such beast in a C/POSIX locale in the first place
> :)
>
> The description sez:
>
>    "Compare two strings atr1 and atr2, treating case-equivalent unaccented
> Latin (ASCII subset) letters as equal."
>
> which implies, at least to me, case sensitive. I don't read "case
> equivalent" as case insensitive... equivalence implies "the same"
> to me.

Agreed it is very confusing - I had wordsmithed it a bit, but please feel
free
to further correct now that it lives on apr trunk (2.0).  In fact, anyone
feel free
to dive in...

Yann, I didn't pick up our research yet to tweak the SVN implementation,
since we never really tested that.  The signed->unsigned transition is a
noop,
so the only question is the fastest way to structure the loop.  Hopefully
the
compiler can do a good job for all architectures.  In the svn
implementation,
this was through a single character casecmp function/macro that handled
signed chars, and expanded to an int (which "in theory" is an optimal array
index, our mileage may vary).

Let's compare performance of this implementation and commit the best
enhancement.  Finally have a VC14 environment handy to compare and
contrast the alternatives performance on Windows as well.

Bill