On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 01:31:34PM -0600, William A Rowe Jr wrote:
> Nick is right, I needed to pursue this with all apr_fnmatch.c committers
> for this specific change, once that first question is resolved. Thanks for
> the confirmation, Ryan! Small fixes were also suggested by several
> committers, including stsp, jailletc36, and trawick. I trust there are
> no objections to stsp and applying these suggestions under BSD-3
> license?

No objections from me. I don't even remember what I contributed exactly.
All I remember is talking to you about this code at an Apache Retreat
in Ireland some years ago, and that I (later on?) ported it to OpenBSD with
a BSD licence granted by you, because we needed a fix for the recursive
fnmatch issue like everyone did at the time.
In this porting process, millert's charclass extension, which had been added
to OpenBSD before this event, was retained in OpenBSD's implementation.