I analyzed the Design of jax-rs whiteboard and how the trackers are
interrelated. This is what I came up with:
Do you think this is correct? Would be happy about any hints or ideas
how to improve this doc. I will also try to mive this to an apache
system so we can all work on it.
One other finding:
I am not sure if the Bus handling is correct. ServicesRegistrator
creates a Bus and a Servlet and publishes them as services.
BusServiceTrackerCustomizer then picks up all Bus services and registers
several trackers for each. I think this can be problematic if other
bundles using CXF also publish Bus services.
What is the purpose of tracking the Bus as a service? I wonder if it
would also work to just use the one Bus we create without the
indirection of a tracker.
On 29.11.2016 12:05, Christian Schneider wrote:
I took some time to look into the jax-rs whiteboard code and noted
some findings below.
* The code is formatted with tabs. I propose to use spaces like in
the other aries modules
* In some java files there is a empty line between each line of
code. I think empty lines should only be used for bigger blocks.
* Some attribute defs are in the end of the class code. Will move
them to the top
* The line wrapping for parameters is different from the default.
Generally I like the wrapping this way but the formatter is not
configured for it so an autoformat would destroy this.
So I propose to rather use the default formatting we have.
I just checked the aries coding conventions. Seems we have the rule of
4 Spaces instead of Tabs but not further rules. I think most of the
code uses the eclipse defaults but we might want to provide a
formatter to make it easier. Any opinions here?
* The poms did not have the apache header. I already added it
* The classes all have the author tag of Carlos. I propose we remove
these as the author of each line is visible from git anyway and
the author tag can be misleading if other people also edit the code
* I get an error in each pom in eclipse at Manifest.write. Not sure
what causes this but we should try to fix that
* There is a project for log4j-configuration. I propose we use pax
logging or logback instead of a fragment
Besides these there also might be some issues with concurrency. I will
look into these in more detail.
Open Source Architect
Open Source Architect