BUT AGAIN: I think the preferred solution in this case is to do it in one job. Mingda, I would suggest sync'ing up with Wenhai for a Skype meeting on how he/Preston have done essentially the very same thing in their use cases for parallel sorts and interval joins. Hyracks has everything needed for this, as it turns out, without a multi-job need.