On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 8:25 PM Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 8:16 PM, Thomas Weise <t...@apache.org> wrote:

>>> Do we have a plan to resolve this issue in the master? It is additional
>>> work to do this while doing releases.
>>>

>> The discussion thread above has latest for this. It does not look like it
>> will be resolved in time, but we also need the functionality to exist in
>> master.
>>
>> Revert in the release branch should be less work. In master, you would
>> first need to revert and then revert that revert, which would be
>> unnecessary noise.
>>

> Sounds good, thank you for the explanation.

According to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-6085, sounds like
the concern is post-commit test coverage if we just do the revert in the
branch. I'll try to create a revert in master branch and trigger
post-commit test suites to confirm that this doesn't break things before
submitting that to the branch. If this is inadequate for some reason we
might have to perform the revert in the master branch first. Please follow
the JIRA for updates.

Thanks,
Cham