1. I believe that's it. Note that this is only necessary for release
managers.
2. There's no extra step here as far as I'm aware.
3. No one pushes directly to GitHub. GitHub is simply a mirror of the
official ASF repo. You can see more details here:
https://reference.apache.org/committer/github
4. SVN is only used for the website and for publishing release artifacts.
All development happens via git.

Let me know if that answers your questions.

--
Michael Mior
mm...@apache.org