Thanks, Francis.

The most important step is to come up with a release vote email with the same
items as [1]: release notes, git commit, artifacts to be voted on in
dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev <http://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev>, md5 and
sha256 hashes. (The staged maven repository does not apply.)

Per apache policy, the release needs to be signed by a PMC member. I’ll be
happy to do that. Or we could skip signing for the first couple of RCs.

Maybe write a shell script that creates the files, and a “howto” that the next
RM can follow? I’ll be able to run the script when it’s time to create signed
artifacts.

Julian

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/03b49fbed8617e860f71bc4f80abe411451d5f112beb5837cb9e5367@%3Cdev.calcite.apache.org%3E