Hi,

To summarize who we have heard from so far

WRT to changing just the default:

+1:
Jon Haddadd
Ben Bromhead
Alain Rodriguez
Sankalp Kohli (not explicit)

-0:
Sylvaine Lebresne
Jeff Jirsa

Not sure:
Kurt Greaves
Joshua Mckenzie
Benedict Elliot Smith

WRT to change the representation:

+1:
There are only conditional +1s at this point

-0:
Sylvaine Lebresne

-.5:
Jeff Jirsa

This
(https://github.com/aweisberg/cassandra/commit/a9ae85daa3ede092b9a1cf84879fb1a9f25b9dce)
 is a rough cut of the change for the representation. It needs better naming,
unit tests, javadoc etc. but it does implement the change.

Ariel