Hi,

I’m wondering if there is appetite to change the default SSL provider for
Cassandra going forward to either ACCP [1] or tc-native in Netty? Our
deployment as well as others I’m aware of make this change in their fork
and it can lead to significant performance improvement. When recently
qualifying 4.1 without using ACCP (by accident) we noticed p99 latencies
were 2x higher than 3.0 w/ ACCP. Wiring up ACCP can be a bit of a pain and
also requires some amount of customization. I think it could be great for
the wider community to adopt it.

The biggest hurdle I foresee is licensing but ACCP is Apache 2.0 licensed.
Anything else I am missing before opening a JIRA and submitting a patch?

Jordan

[1]
https://github.com/corretto/amazon-corretto-crypto-provider