Robert Simmons wrote:
One of the major implementaiton complaints I have about Cocoon is its lack
of Log4J logging functionality. Log4j, is without a doubt the best logging
package for java. No other package can even hope to compare to it. If Cocoon
was built to use Log4j instead of the avalon logging mechanism, it would
gain an enormous amount of functionality that it lacks now.

Log4J is already integrated into avalon logkit. I'm not a logkit expert, but I guess it would require very little (if any) work to have Cocoon logging to Log4J targets. Is the opposite true? :-)

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino