Hugo Burm wrote:
1) I have my own little Avalon component defined in cocoon.xconf. It is a
factory component that should generate Hibernate sessions. When Cocoon is
started by Tomcat, my component starts Hibernate. Hibernate tries to read
its configuration files. These files are XML files. Everything seems to work
fine, but when there is an element like eg <map> in this configuration file,
the boot process starts to complain about the fact that "<map>" should have
an attribute "role". The "<map>" element in my Hibernate configuration file
does not need this attribute "role".  This looks like a namespace problem.

What version of the Hibernate mapping DTD are you using? Version 2.0 does not require the "role" attribute, but version 1 does. See <http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/hibernate-mapping.dtd> versus <http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/hibernate-mapping-2.0.dtd>.

Ugo