Actually, I have a requirement to do exactly that, so if anyone has already
done it I'd happily use the code.

Ralph

 -----Original Message-----
From:   Gianugo Rabellino [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:   Thursday, March 04, 2004 7:53 AM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Instrumentation, anyone?

It was a long time since I last used the Avalon instrumentation stuff,
but it just seems like it's not working anymore. I'm following the
provided instructions under tools/instrumentation, something is
listening on port 15555 as expected but the GUI seems just to sleep in a
"Not connected" status (and tcpdump shows very little, if any, traffic
on that port). Am I overlooking something?

More in general, I'm wondering what is the overall status of
instrumentation and checking for community interest on this particular
topic. I don't quite understand what is the status in Avalon-land of the
instrumentation thingy, but it doesn't seem quite active.

OTOH, I start to think that this proprietary instrumentation is a
dead-end since it seems pretty clear that JMX is the way to go. I'm
wondering if there is any interest (and kowledgeable people) in
JMX-enabling Cocoon (for monitoring and management purposes only). I
think that Cocoon deployments could benefit quite a bit from being
properly instrumented.

Opinions?

--
Gianugo Rabellino