Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

XPath is a must-have when you deal with XML documents while Jexl is mostly useless in that case but is straightforward when you deal with JavaBeans. I also agree that understanding the difference between "${continuation.id}" and "#{$continuation/id}" is less than evident.

So what about a unified syntax for expansion tokens, within which different languages could be used. Example:
- ${continuation.id} // Jexl, default syntax
- ${xpath:$continuation/id} // xpath
- ${im:defaults:skin} // input-module
- ${ognl:$continuation.id} // OGNL [1]

Hmm, one of the things I really don't like with JXTG is that you have to different expression languages. You never know which to use and some things work only with one specific language. And for me this comes near to FS :)
And if there are language constructs that are not possible to implement with JXPath and JavaBeans? And I am sure there are (I had some problems myself but shoot me in the head: I do not remember the exact cases). Should we be saying to users: "it does not work with JXPath, still it would with Jext, since we dropped jexl officialy you have to plug it back in yourself"?

--
Leszek Gawron                                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]