Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
Bart Molenkamp wrote:

Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

I don't think JXTG is broken now, it works well but the

code is hard

to understand and having all classes in a single huge source code file does not help.

Yupp, that is one of the problems with JXTG. It would be great if a new solution would be pluggable to add new "tag libs" as well.

Making it pluggable may also have the disadvantage that languages are added that can give more control than required for presentation of data.
This can make the separation of concerns less clear, which is IMO one of the great things in Cocoon (the control flow). Templates may look like XSP pages, or similair (code mixed with content), breaking the SoC.

Or am I wrong?

No, you're right - this is a possible danger. But as long as we only make it pluggable and be careful that we don't fall into this trap, I see no problem with it.

The question is: Do we want to prevent our users from this or is it their own decision?

--
Reinhard