On Fri, 29 Oct 2004, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

Giacomo Pati wrote:

Yes, we used the CommandManager in some projects. It is based on the PooledExecutor from Doug Leas concurrent-utils package. It comes in quite handy as you can put tasks there you'd like to be done asynchroniously (ie. indexing a uploaded document with lucene to speed up percieved performance).

One alternative is that we build up our own CommandManager
into the Context which is piece of cake to do.

I have nothing against building our own one (we use concurrent-utils
in the core already), so if you volunteer... :)

Sure, no problem. How should it be named?

Someone mentioned Crons JobScheduler as it has a fireJob() method that could do it but would we want the cron block go into the core?

But why do we put it into the Context? Wouldn't it be better to
make a simple component out of it?

It dosn't matter for me as long as a flow script ca do .setupObject( foo ) and foo is able to get it.

--
Giacomo Pati