Le 15 mars 06 à 16:04, Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :

...I personally would love to have the new configuration features of 2.2 in
2.1.x,
like the includes for xconf and properties. This alone is a big step
forward. Unfortunately this is tight to many other changes like the
Spring based container (which I also would like to have *today*).

So perhaps your suggestion, starting anew with 2.1.x as trunk is a good
way to move on...

How about backporting the Spring-based container and the new configuration features to 2.1.x, and make that Cocoon 2.3, without touching the current trunk?

The current 2.2 would then stay as is, people could work on it until it stabilizes, and when it's time to release it we can always call it 3.0 or whatever to avoid confusion.

And that 2.3 release would be a big improvement already, especially using Spring as its container.

-Bertrand