Hi.

On Sat, 2 Dec 2017 20:40:38 +0000, Martijn Verburg wrote:
Has the PMC and the active developers met over a video call to try and hash
this out?

The ML archive is replete with discussions.
A few PMC members voiced their agreement with the Apache mantra.
A few oppose trying an approach that would break the status quo,
even as it has stalled development (the next major release is
nowhere in sight, almost 3 years after work started on it).

It would be a shame to see this library fall into disuse.

The library can be used but is virtually unmaintained.

IMO, the question is why the loss of continuity is being preferred
over a proposal that costs only to those who are willing to put
work in it.
The asymmetry of the situation should be obvious...

I'd also argue with Jigsaw being the heart of Java 9+ that more modular
libs now make sense.

+1 to a separation of concerns that allows for clear and independent
lines of development.

Cheers,
Martijn