Le mar. 31 mars 2020 à 14:11, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> On Mon, 30 Mar 2020 at 23:20, Gilles Sadowski <gillese...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi.
> >
> > Le lun. 30 mars 2020 à 23:37, Matt Juntunen
> > <matt.juntu...@hotmail.com> a écrit :
> > >
> > > Thanks. I think I have the gpg key sorted now.
> > >
> > > I can probably start on RC2 tomorrow. It sounds like we've agreed to go
> > > with "1.0-beta1" for the release version so I'm wondering what to do with
> > > the existing release branch (1.0-B1-release) and tag
> > > (NUMBERS_1_0_B1_RC1). These should have probably been 1.0-beta1-release
> > > and NUMBERS_1_0_BETA1_RC1. Is it possible to drop those and recreate them
> > > or would it be better to leave the current branch and tag names as-is and
> > > use the NUMBER_1_0_BETA1_RCX tag pattern going forward?
> >
> > IMHO, no harm done by removing.
>
> Equally, what's the harm in leaving them?
>
> I would leave well alone for now at least.
> Can always delete the tag later if necessary.

I prefer cleaning up while we know that it doesn't do any harm;
later, it's pretty certain that we'll wonder why it's there, and in
doubt, we probably will not delete anything.

My understanding of the original question was whether it is
going to cause technical trouble.

> > Can someone confirm?

And my question above was indirectly referring to the once
upon a time mentioned that no branch could ever be deleted...