>> > It does not mean that a source distribution goes away.
>>
>> Nor did I mean that it would.
>> I commented on the remark that one's own computer
>> supposedly did not matter.
>>

> Ah, then it was only the  "(that one does not really count.)" that didn't
> sit well with you. Misunderstood.
>

>> > We have been distributing binary builds for years.
>>
>> Officially, for convenience (but that's not the point).
>

>> The point is that the distributed files do not come from
>> CI builds, but from one performed on the RM's machine.
>>

> I realize that a local build seems to be your gold standard.

Not mine. "Commons".

> That's a very debatable point of view.

There was no debate.
And I would not say that Commons/Apache policy
cannot change so that the release process is based
entirely on CI-generated binaries.

I don't see why you are putting those sideways
conclusions into the simple issue of maintaining
this place comfortable for everyone, not only
for GitHub users.

>> In this instance, I don't see why I should
>> adapt to a flood of messages that was never discussed since
>> I've been asked to subscribe to "issues@".
>>

> The "flood of messages" could have been commits, people discussing issues
> or asking questions.
>
> Deleting the messages should have been 10s max.
> I wonder why you choose to be outraged instead.

No, today's flood just pushed me to want to have
something that's bothering for months, fixed.

> Just put in perspective the time you spend on this thread already.

Because people argue that the problem I see does not exist.

>> Why? The CI/CD system should not matter.
>>
>> Sure.  It's a convenience configured by each developer or team,
>> as they see fit.
>> So, why the original post recommending to favour GitHub?
>>

> Probably because it is prefered by the original poster?

Of course.
So what.

>> > Are we talking about changing that?
>>
>> The problem (of today namely) is that we don't talk.
>> The process for using GitHub was not discussed either.
>>

> You mean for the automatic dependency PRs?

Yes.

> or in general?

Wrt to GH, no care whatsoever has been taken that some
committers might not have a GH account.

>> For me, anything that comes through GitHub is a burden,
>> a loss of time.  I can imagine that it is a boon for others
>> but is this an Apache or GitHub project?
>>

> I guess there are many people out there that like it as a tool.
> Maybe you could explain why it's a burden for you?

Sure: No GH account.

>> > As long as we keep one egg (the sources) the other eggs don't really
>> > matter.
>> > Could you explain the problem with the basket?
>>
>> As said above, GitHub is inconvenient for me; thus any move
>> that assumes otherwise, I don't agree with.
>>

> Not sure you represent the majority,

Of course not.
Do you mean I should just go away because I don't have
a GH account?

> so maybe elaborate on
> the inconvenience.

Try to do something on GH without being logged in.