Going to try and summarize my concerns with the proposal here:

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 2:39 PM, Steven Gill <stevengil...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Correct! For the first 3 months, all requests will hit CPR first, if CPR
> fails, we will try to fetch from npm.

> If users run "cordova plugin add cordova-plugin-device", it would hit CPR,
> fail, go to npm, succeed.

CPR doesn't allow non-reverse dns names. There'd be no reason to check it
unless the name had at least 2 periods in it.

If we're not using package names to detect which registry to use, I don't
actually see any benefit in changing names.

> If we use the mapper module, "cordova plugin add
> org.apache.cordova.device" would be converted to cordova-plugin-device, hit
> CPR, fail, go to npm, succeed.

While this works fine for our modules, I don't think it'll work well for
others'. Three use-cases for them:
1. <dependency> within plugin.xml.
2. <plugin> within config.xml (for cordova plugin restore).
3. cordova plugin add FOO

All three would be solved if we enforce that packageName == pluginId.

I think we should either:
- publish under npm under our existing IDs
or:
- publish under npm under cordova-plugin-FOO, and change plugin IDs to be
cordova-plugin-FOO