Mapper: https://github.com/stevengill/cordova-registry-mapper

Mapper would be a dependency of cordova-lib. We would use it during cordova
plugin add/rm to map old id's to new name.

We can look at extending CPR readonly phase but I fear we may have to deal
with migrating it to a different provider if want to extend its life. I am
not looking forward to dealing with that.

In terms of package-name/package-id, we have been discussing it for weeks.
I am not a fan of the flip flopping on this issue and it is seriously
holding up us moving forward with this. Michal did a great job explaining
how the mapper could be integrated to handle the workflows.

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 3:20 PM, Gorkem Ercan <gorkem.er...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 11 Feb 2015, at 15:50, Michal Mocny wrote:
>
>  Leo, restore will still work.  The only information stored in the saves
>> list is a set of plugin ids (and versions?).  Restoring will go through
>> the
>> steps Steve outlines above, and either download from CPR or be mapped
>> automatically to the npm equivalent.  After the deprecation cutoff,
>> plugins
>> that aren't in the mapper may fail to restore -- so we could improve the
>>

> Any ideas what that mapper will look like? part of CLI, online service?
>

>  rollout plan by starting to warn users adding plugins that still fetch
>> from
>> CPR.
>>
>> -Michal
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 2:58 PM, Treggiari, Leo <leo.treggi...@intel.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  The proposal contains suggestions, alternatives and comments.

>>> OXmP-9DpYkcmfs/edit?usp=sharing
>>>
>>> When will there be a final version that is the official plan?
>>>
>>> One other question:  Soon we will have optional 'save' of plugin metadata
>>> in config.xml.  When CPR is turned off, there will be saved metadata
>>> which
>>> is no longer valid - i.e. a restore will fail.  This is because the
>>> 'name'
>>> used to fetch a plugin (cordova-plugin-device) as well as the location
>>> will
>>> change.   Is there anything that can be done to mitigate that?  Is the