Hi Chen,

No worries!  I often throw out answers before checking code myself.  We are all 
busy with other items.  Besides, If I recall (without checking code), it is 
because of an improvement in the Event annotator code that the Copy*** was no 
longer needed ... and you wrote that improvement!  hurrah!

I thank you for taking the time to answer questions on temporal matters, as 
well as being one of the developers involved working on the module!

Cheers,
Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Lin, Chen [mailto:chen....@childrens.harvard.edu] 
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2018 10:43 AM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Re: Regarding cTAKES Tlinks [EXTERNAL] [SUSPICIOUS] [SUSPICIOUS] 
[SUSPICIOUS]

Thanks to Sean. My bad, I should check the code first before any answer attempt.

Best,
Chen

On 2/12/18, 10:40 AM, "Finan, Sean" <sean.fi...@childrens.harvard.edu>
wrote:

>It should have nothing to do with the tlink extraction.  It copied 
>properties from events to eventmentions and was in the pipeline after 
>the tlink annotation, not before.
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Lin, Chen [mailto:chen....@childrens.harvard.edu]
>Sent: Monday, February 12, 2018 10:33 AM
>To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
>Subject: Re: Regarding cTAKES Tlinks [EXTERNAL] [SUSPICIOUS]
>
>Mmm. Frankly, I don't know the rational behind commenting out 
>"FullTemporalExtractionPipeline.CopyPropertiesToTemporalEventAnnotator"
>in that piper file. The TLINK model does take some of the event 
>properties (polarity, uncertainty, contextual modality, semantic types,
>etc.) for classification features. Without those features the 
>classifier may lose its grip. Have you tried commenting back the line?
>
>Best,
>Chen
>
>On 2/12/18, 10:23 AM, "Gandhi Rajan Natarajan"
><gandhi.natara...@arisglobal.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi Chen,
>>
>>Thanks a lot for your response.
>>
>>So I guess this behavior is nothing to do with commented out 
>>'FullTemporalExtractionPipeline.CopyPropertiesToTemporalEventAnnotator'
>>in ' TemporalSubPipe.piper'?
>>
>>Thanks again.
>>
>>Regards,
>>Gandhi
>>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>From: Lin, Chen [mailto:chen....@childrens.harvard.edu]
>>Sent: Monday, February 12, 2018 8:47 PM
>>To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
>>Subject: Re: Regarding cTAKES Tlinks [EXTERNAL]
>>
>>Hi Gandhi,
>>
>>It looks like the newest version is picking up the temporal expression 
>>complete, ³12th June 2018². The previous version only partially pick 
>>up ³June 2018². It is due to the the improvement of the timex annotator.
>>As for the relations(tlinks), the current distributed TLINK model is a 
>>conventional SVM-based model which is tuned to favor close relation 
>>for high precision, like "12th June 2018 CONTAINS paracetamol². It can 
>>pick up some longer-distance relationship as well, but obliviously it 
>>fails for your case for long distance relations. We are currently 
>>researching a LSTM-based model, which can take more consideration of 
>>sentence structure and long-distance relationship. Will update more 
>>details in the future.
>>
>>Best,
>>Chen
>>
>>On 2/12/18, 7:50 AM, "Gandhi Rajan Natarajan"
>><gandhi.natara...@arisglobal.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I have a question related to cTAKES Tlinks.
>>>
>>>Is there any particular reason why
>>>FullTemporalExtractionPipeline.CopyPropertiesToTemporalEventAnnotator
>>>is commented in TemporalSubPipe.piper?
>>>
>>>Also if I run the following text - "I had fever due to smoking so 
>>>took paracetomol on 12th June 2018" in temporal demo link -
>>>https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__54.68.117.30-3A80
>>>8
>>>0
>>>_in
>>>dex.jsp&d=DwIFAg&c=qS4goWBT7poplM69zy_3xhKwEW14JZMSdioCoppxeFU&r=PZ24
>>>1
>>>C
>>>wYZ
>>>3AszaTEBtM2wl3EcIjNNNeKX8q7N_mt-aI&m=CTJyQ3_c8JXxv2h1gPaq-jZ6hwp-2dKT
>>>G q IrJ RkC7Yk&s=dOVZEd9mrbu0NtEHUZorIzmzEFC_ghg3l8l53ed4O_M&e= , I 
>>>get the following TLinks:
>>>
>>>"June 2018 CONTAINS fever , June 2018 CONTAINS smoking , June 2018 
>>>CONTAINS paracetomol"
>>>
>>>But if I run the same text in the latest cTAKES using 
>>>TemporalSubPipe.piper, I get only "12th June 2018 CONTAINS paracetomol"
>>>as Tlinks.
>>>
>>>Is it due to any recent changes in cTAKES?
>>>
>>>Please advise.
>>>
>>>
>>>Regards,
>>>Gandhi
>>>
>>>This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and 
>>>intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they 
>>>are addressed. If you are not the named addressee you should not 
>>>disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender 
>>>or system manager by email immediately if you have received this 
>>>e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are 
>>>not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, 
>>>distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this 
>>>information is strictly prohibited and against the law.
>>
>>This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and 
>>intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they 
>>are addressed. If you are not the named addressee you should not 
>>disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender 
>>or system manager by email immediately if you have received this 
>>e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are 
>>not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, 
>>distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this 
>>information is strictly prohibited and against the law.
>

Reply via email to