Thank you Peter and Gandhi.

I’ve not been able to get the ctakes-rest-service to run successfully
(using docker). I’m also not sure it supports UMLS credentials and it looks
like the UMLS database is a local copy although I could be misunderstanding
that. Due to the license confusion around running a local copy of UMLS
database I’d rather just avoid that.

I’ll try the implementation suggested by Peter.

I also found that Tika has a cTAKES REST API, but unfortunately it loads
the model on each request.