Github user cammckenzie commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/curator/pull/262

    That's a good point @arrodrigues

    I don't think we can tell the difference between Disconnected event from ZK
due to loss of the underlying socket and a Disconected event due to no
heartbeats from the server for 2/3 of session timeout, which, from memory is
what you were describing at the start of this conversation long ago.

    With a bit of hacking, I believe that could extended the Zookeeper class to
allow Curator to get access to the ClientCnxn object and from that, the
underlying socket. I don't know if this is the right approach though, it will
certainly couple Curator more tightly to ZK.

    Thoughts @Randgalt ?

---