Github user arrodrigues commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/curator/pull/262

    @cammckenzie It is on 2/3 of session timeout.
    I'd like to remember this will happen just in the scenario that I described
in the issue description, in many other network issues the suspended event
would came immediatly.
    Beyond the 33%, shouldn't we consider adding an margin of error, like using
30%, 25% ? Because besides the 33% of session timeout, we could also have some
delay to execute the leadership relinquish. Furthermore, I think ZK's ticktime,
that generally is 2sec, also can potentially adds more delay to the formula.

---