Hi Dan,

Yes, we are looking into this (not specifically related to the plugin but to
CXF as a whole). It was briefly
discussed on the mailing list, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-7600
has been created, I am planning
to start working on it shortly if there are no objections. Thanks!

Best Regards,
    Andriy Redko

DK> I guess the question is:  does anyone know what would be needed for the
cxf-xjc-runtime artifact (and maybe others)
DK> to have the needed module name or whatever to work better on Java 9/10?   I
haven’t looked.  If we are looking into Java9/10 things, might be good to also
look at.

DK> That said, I wouldn’t say it’s critical and thus doesn’t need to hold
things up.