yes, my server dishes up lots stuff to folks on the the forum, the
wiki and as direct download via httpd addresses, the access I meant
was for write / edit privileges.

The other thing you are right about, and is a pleasure to see - is
that this is a case of maybe too many options and not enough.. ;>0