Clayton wrote:
T. J. Frazier wrote:
Clayton wrote:
Feel free to adjust the math syntax... that was just my first attempt at
it to try and make it read at least close to the intended output.
Cleanup is still needed. :-)
OK, take a look: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Formula_layout

I figured we'd better coordinate, because we were editing that page at
the same time. When I gave up on \begin{array} (it was giving me
horrible "Cannot Parse" error messages, in red), and cancelled my edit,
the .png refs were gone! :-O

Hehe, either we have too many editors or not enough :-)

I'm not in there editing anymore.  I know all about the horrible red
error messages... I got a lot of those in the process of building up
what formulas I did add/edit.  I'm not so sure the exact syntax for the
array thing.  I base what I know about Wiki math on these pages:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Math
and
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Formula

C.
I uploaded a missing screen-shot (which to my amazement was referenced in about seven different places). With that, the cleanup of Math Guide is almost complete. Remaining: 1) Slight revision of WG for "Example 2", which IMHO is missing a step and a screen-shot. I'll fix that over on OOA, and forward the changes to the wiki; but that's lower priority. 2) The Reference page is short about half the renderings. I'll work my way thru it, a section at a time, using the 0216WG3-MathObjects ODT file as reference for what should be shown. I think <math> can do it all, but it /will/ take a while. (Particularly since I'm going to go play "son of a beach"; the Atlantic is calling me . . .) :-)

BTW, it sure is a pity that the "Export to MediaWiki" doesn't cooperate better with the Equation Editor, to give output in <math> syntax. Could we usefully rattle anybody's cage about this?
--
/tj/