Hi Clayton and Uwe, *,

Clayton wrote (12-8-2009 9:32)
I can put it up on the Wiki in Dutch, and translate it to English...
I'll start with the Dutch one and then do the English part and send the
links back here to the mailing lists.  Once people are happy with what's
there, they can be linked up on the respective documentation pages.

The License is... CC-By.  We can leave it as that, or put it under PDL.
 We have documentation under either/or licenses.

When the goal is that others can contribute, changing the licence might be a good idea?

I've imported the Calc page here:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/nl/Makkelijk_overstappen_van_Excel_naar_Calc

Jij laat er geen gras over groeien, Clayton ;-) Thanks!

Thoughts/comments - especially you Cor :-) since it's your document.

Added some space above the Headings1

Looking at it, I think about the following possible/necessary improvements:
- formatting for the menu entries
- maybe some pictures?
- links to additional sources
- ...

If that looks OK, I'll go ahead with the Writer in Dutch, and then
translate to English.

Would be great. But I should ask opinion on the Dutch lists first. See what ideas they come up with.

Uwe Fischer wrote (12-8-2009 9:51)

those two documents are a very good start to help MS Office users with their first steps using OOo.

Thanks for this compliment :-)

Once they are in English, we can insert links to these documents on the usual places, as http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/FAQ/General and so on. Additionally, we can create a main page "Welcome MS Office users" on the Wiki and link that from the main Wiki doc page http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation

Yes, I hope we reach the desired quality for that ;-)
Maybe even a direct link from http://support.openoffice.org/ in the future ..

Uwe

C.

Cor

--
Cor Nouws - nl.OpenOffice.org marketing contact
Ontwikkelaar? Join! http://council.openoffice.org/developers.html