I've imported the Calc page here:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/nl/Makkelijk_overstappen_van_Excel_naar_Calc
The Writer page is here:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/nl/Makkelijk_overstappen_van_Word_naar_Writer

[snip]

I've been looking over this, and... there is a fairly comprehensive document on the Wiki explaining differences between Word/Writer and Excel/Calc: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOoAuthors_User_Manual/Migration_Guide/Writer_and_Word http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOoAuthors_User_Manual/Migration_Guide/Calc_and_Excel I'm wondering how much value there is in translating the Dutch quick reference to English.

Those documents are out of date, as they were written for OOo2.x. They may or may not be correct with reference to OOo3.x. Also, they don't include more recent versions of MS Office, so they are a bit limited.

Is the Dutch quick reference more up to date? If so, it probably is worth translating into English.

The Dutch quick-reference is just a few point-form bullets on what is different. It is not a detailed list or explanation, and misses out on a lot of things compared to the Migration Guide.

C.
--
Clayton Cornell       ccorn...@openoffice.org
OpenOffice.org Documentation Project co-lead