On Wednesday 09 September 2009 23:47, Jean Hollis Weber wrote:

> Yes, as far as I know, the German and English docs are maintained
> completely independently. Nino should be able to confirm this.

I cannot answer this as I've not been very close to the translation
process.

My "jump in" was just the motivation to wikify the German docs, mainly
the user guides - as I'm mainly an OOo user myself.

This gives me the link to reply to Clayton's arguments concerning the
localized vs. non-localized document path names:

The idea of having one big "international document framework" with all
the translations in sync might be challenging, but my personal priority
at the moment is trying to make the web UGs as attractive as possible
for end users. So, if not accepted by the users, the wiki should at
least act as prototype for how a good web documentation should look
like.

I hope, you'll understand my argumentation: it just favors the
usability/attractivity aspect over technical/maintenance aspects. ;-)

Nino