On 08/31/2010 04:38 PM, mcasan...@instituto-hispano.org wrote:
Thank you all for the input in proofreading the tutorial....

Glad it's helpful; I'm enjoying going through it!

I can see that you've spent a lot of effort to make things clear, and it really helps.

After stumbling through Chapter 9 (Queries), I'm now completely stuck at Chapter 10 (Reports) for lack of a functional database: there's no data to try the examples on!

Of course I can enter some data, but an interesting report (or query) requires more records than I'm interested in typing.

It could be a big win if the text was accompanied by a complete sample data set. Then, all the examples and student exercises found in the text could be run on a realistic data set, and the output compared to the expected answer shown in the text.

I've read other database books that worked that way and it really made the material much more practical.

You've already thought about this, I'm guessing; no?

My sample data set is almost finished; if it's of any use, you're welcome to it.

<Joe