Yeah … well I would still like some other opinions.

Thing is, that the ApacheCon was intentionally changed to having Core and
BigData in parallel to make room for a Project Summit Day prior to the
conference.
So I’m proposing to do exactly this.

The good thing of us having a Project Summit as part of the Apache Con would be
that the Linux Foundation takes care of organizing, the logistics, the Tickets
and so on. And people wanting to attend, but not being able to afford it, can
apply for Apache Travel Assistance. In the best case the ASF would pay for
flights, hotel and conference. I contacted Angela (the one from the Linux
Foundation who organizes the conference) and asked her if it is possible to buy
just a Project Summit ticket. Hopefully she will confirm that this is possible.
In that case I don’t see a reason for us not taking the opportunity. Especially
as eventually there might not be a European ApacheCon this year.

So again … what do you guys think?

Chris

Am 18.01.17, 17:25 schrieb "Alex Harui" <aha...@adobe.com>:

    On 1/18/17, 3:52 AM, "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de> wrote:

    >I just remembered that I wanted to reply to this one …
    >
    >Well the thing is, that I won’t be able to convince my company to have me
    >fly to the US just for a FlexJS event with about 10-30 attendees.
    >
    >Would it be an option, if there was a FlexJS Day before the conference,
    >but attendees wouldn’t have to buy a ticket for the entire conference,
    >but could only come (and eventually pay) for the FlexJS event?
    >This way I could justify the costs with my boss … speaking at the FlexJS
    >event and the Conference would definitely be enough for them.

    ApacheCon has a rule about "no other conferences within 3 weeks before or
    after ApacheCon".  Naturally, they want sponsors to put money into
    ApacheCon and attendees to buy tickets.  Anything that looks like it
    undercuts that would be denied.  It might be possible to convince
    ApacheCon that our little 10-30 person get-together does not harm their
    business.  Not sure.

    FWIW, at the last (and only, so far) FlexJS World Tour, we only had about
    10 non-committers show up.  Many more attended on-line.  So maybe the next
    get-together should just be on-line.

    Thoughts?