Is anybody actually addressing the issues people have been reporting about
the installer and/or ANT script for Flex SDK 4.16.0?

Right now I see two major issues that are preventing even people who are
familiar with the SDK from doing installs :

 - In the installer, selecting AIR 25.0 gives users a non-descript "error
1000".  This is due toe the md5 checking in the installer running out of
memory
 - Trying to install via ANT is also broken under Windows (any version of
AIR SDK).  As packaged, it always errors because it tries to install the
MacOS AIR SDK.  Additionally, the optional components that are currently
hosted on sourceforge fail to download due to some SSL errors (I've tested
this with the latest java sdk and ANT build).

The AIR installer issue will require us to rip-and-replace the md5
calculation functions.  I've started looking at it, but I don't think it
will be an easy feat.
Fixing the ANT script for Windows trying to install the mac air dmg is an
easy fix (but it will require us to do a dot release to push it out)
The SSL errors are because sourceforge is using SANs on their SSL certs,
and the current versions of ANT don't know how to read them to validate
them.  This may be out of our control.  Anybody know if we can convince
Adobe to either donate those chunks of code or at least to move them to a
different host?  It looks like the code involved is OSMF, AFE, AGLJ,
rideau and Flex-Fontkit.  The alternative to a different host is for us to
ignore SSL errors, but that could be potentially dangerous.

If nobody is working on these, I can start to take a crack at them, but
honestly, the installer is extremely fragile at this point and I'm not
looking forward to even trying to figure out what is going on in there
again.

-Nick