I'm not spending any time on the installer other than occasionally
pondering if there is some other workaround we could deploy.  I'm waiting
on Adobe to put out a 64-bit native installer.  IMO, that's the least work
on our part, but not sure when Adobe will push that out.

The SSL errors from SourceForge have a workaround that's been posted a few
times.  The correct solution is to write our own font encoding library.
Volunteers are needed.

I thought Ant on Windows would work if you used a recent version of Ant.