What version of installer.xml are you looking at?  I just synced up the
develop branch in flex-sdk and took a look at there are merge conflict
markers in the file!  Apparently, nobody has tried to install a nightly
build of Flex SDK.  But I think the version from the release branch has
the right fix in it, although I think it is still using "new Ant" syntax
in the if/unless which the Installer does not support.  So whoever fixes
this needs to also replace:

  unless="${shouldUnzip}"

With:

  unless="shouldUnzip"