Hi everyone,

in the context of FLIP-42 Fabian and myself were working on a docker-based
playground as part of the "Getting Started" section of our documentation.
The PR [1] was merged into master today. Besides documentation, this also
adds an additional example to `flink-streaming-examples`. For the
playground to work with the Apache Flink 1.9 this example needs to become
part of the distribution.

Would it be possible to still include this PR in the 1.9.0 release. As far
as I know, documentation can generally be added after the feature freeze,
but since this also touches the examples, this is kind of a corner case, I
suppose.

What do you think?

Best,

Konstantin

[1] https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/9192

--

Konstantin Knauf | Solutions Architect

+49 160 91394525

Planned Absences: 10.08.2019 - 31.08.2019, 05.09. - 06.09.2019

Ververica GmbH
Managing Directors: Dr. Kostas Tzoumas, Dr. Stephan Ewen