The motivation for including the job as an example is to not have to
maintain a separate Docker image.
We would like to use the regular Flink 1.9 image for the playground and
avoid to maintain an image that is slightly different from the regular 1.9
image.

Maintaining the job in a different repository or somewhere else would mean,
that we need to have a proper release cycle for it as well.
Having it among the other examples means it's included in the regular
release.

Best, Fabian