Keith Turner wrote:
On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 1:37 PM, Josh Elser<josh.el...@gmail.com>  wrote:
Keith Turner wrote:
* Saw libthrift in the parent pom.xml, but could not see usages of that
  anywhere in the child modules. (not a release issue, just curious)

Its in the dep mgmt section.  The reason is its needed to build
recipes against accumulo 1.8.0.  Fluo also uses thrift and depends on
0.9.1.  If thrift 0.9.1 ends up on path, then MiniAccumulo will hang.
I can add a comment to the pom.

Ah, ok. I just did a grep and did see any usages of Thrift in the recipes
which made me wonder why it was defined (even if only in depMgmt).
Overriding Fluo's thrift dependency makes sense -- you don't need to
document on my account.

It took me a bit to remember why it was there. I made a PR to add a
comment to pom.

Ok, sounds great, guys. I just assumed I was being dense and did not want to demand a comment to be added :)