Github user upthewaterspout commented on the issue:
    @joeymcallister - Ok, the parallel directories makes more sense now. We can
always move stuff around after 1.0 if we decide to.
    I also had to do bundle install in the final_app directory in order to run
rackup. I don't know if we really need to use rackup anyway, this seems like an
easier way to quickly view the book:
    cd final_app/public
    python -m SimpleHTTPServer 8080

contact infrastructure at or file a JIRA ticket
with INFRA.