Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
Matt Hogstrom wrote:
Aaron,

I like the schedule below. From a 1.1 perspective I think we made several mistakes. We were optimistic about our time, we were unclear about the content, we disrupted development for many while only a few did the lion's share of the work (Dain and Jencks, has off for the rework). After that we let the TCK stumble, etc.

From your outline below I think it matches what would follow as a significant release. I would like to start a 1.1.1 branch right after we cut 1.1. For that release I want to address outstanding JIRAs, usability and performance.
When I hear "usability and performance", I hear feature improvements and additions, not patching. Let us not repeat the same mistake with a patch branch.

I think the terms are overloaded and do require some clarification. I'd like to move them out of this unrelated thread though...will start a new one.

Hopefully there will be a few others that are interested in helping out there as well. I'll start another thread on that topic when we get 1.1 out the door.

I think the timeframe below seems a bit long but perhaps with some incremental 1.1.x releases it might fill in the gaps nicely.

*.*.x should be for patches. What you seem to be proposing is dangerous. I wonder if I am missing something.

Regards,
Alan