Hiram Chirino wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
> All I'm saying is I don't care if IBM puts up
> http://www.ibm.com/wasce/plugins, I also don't care if you put up a
> http://virtuas.com/geronimo/plugins site.
>
> Now the default link issue is something else.  Can we point it by
> default at some Apache machines by default?  I'm sure Aaron would not
> mind, would you?
>
> We do things like this all the time.  Our maven builds are TOTALLY
> dependent on non asf hardware.  If ibiblio or codehaus go down, I
> think we would have some serious issues trying to build geronino and
> friends.  And I may be wrong but I think Aaron's site was similar in
> that it was just providing free hosting for artifacts.  Or an I wrong?

That is a great question.  If Aaron's intention was to make an ibiblio
of sorts, this could have been discussed and it may have passed muster.
 The key missing component was the discussion ;-)

I am surely interested in intent...the goals...the barriers to entry, or
lack thereof regarding this site.

Thanks,

Jeff